facebook

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To everything....

I have been thinking of seasons, I think because we are getting close to spring which is my FAVORITE  season of the year but also of what is going on in our lives so that made me reflect on, Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 3:4, "To everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven" and "a time to weep, a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance".    I know personally this has been a season that I have mourned for Jeremy but think this is more for me, Jeremy has changed, I am praying that it's for a season.  I have wept for my son for what he has endured, what he has to overcome and what he has to endure in the future.  I have also laughed for Jeremy, I have danced for Jeremy with each step of progress he makes.  You have to be happy around Jeremy, you can't help it because he is happy, always smiles and does goofy things to get you to laugh.  Then when you start laughing it makes Jeremy laugh even harder to the point it is contagious.  I also think the bible tells us to come to Jesus as children, so J continues to teach me.         

We are still in the Winter seasons, I join the vast array of the earth's population and say, I'm ready for winter to leave, I must admit winter is my least favorite season of all.   It's the coldest season, days are shortest and nights are longest.  This is a time of hibernation for some creatures, they are resting up and getting ready to start living again.  There have been moments here lately that it's been dark and lonely in Jeremy world.  There have been moments that I wouldn't mind hibernating through this season myself and wake up to spring.  That is not what God would have me to do.  Jeremy is doing good, he is making slow, steady progress.  I think his body is in winter mode, hoping for his bladder and muscles to wake up.  He is starting to build his trunk control, sitting up with assistance but starting to balance himself more, he is pushing back when they stand him, he is moving his legs and started to move them against gravity some, he started today roll from side to side and used his left leg to kick that off.
  
Spring is the transition between winter and summer, spring and "springtime" refers to the season and broadly of ideas of rebirth, renewal and growth.  I mentioned I LOVE spring, the days start to get longer, it starts to get warmer, flowers are blooming, trees are budding, I get to start wearing flip-flops, carpi's, t-shirts and the beauty of God's world is coming back to life.  Jeremy is rebuilding lost skills and it's been a time of growth for me, to step back and accept that God has a plan, he is in control and I need to wait on him.  That is not an easy task for me being OCD, I love making list, I love crossing things off my list, I love to plan, I like to see my plans work and my inner being thrives on this.  This is a growth process for me. 

Summer is between spring and autumn, the warmest of the 4 seasons and the days are longer and nights are shorter.   I like summer, the temperatures can be hot, but you get to do more outside.  Things are in full bloom by the time summer hits, green grass, pretty flowers, big full green trees and even prettier canvas of God's great big creation. 

Autumn (Fall) marks the transition from summer into winter, the season where everything is winding down.  I admit Autumn is my next FAVORITE season simply because the temperatures are cooling down, mornings are cooler, days are just perfect, the sun is not has hot and the colors are amazing as they turn the opposite to go into their winters sleep.
OT was working with Jeremy, they got him up to stand and he was pushing back with his legs.  This was him resting after supporting himself....

No comments: