facebook

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Slow day...

Jeremy woke up in a really good mood and we never could get him to urinate on his own, I admit I'm frustrated about this but it is what it is.  They did a straight cath last night and emptied his bladder but it was full this morning with no sign he was going on his own.  We don't want to cause damage so it's not something you can wait on.  I was uncomfortable with the resident's plan, the nurse put in the cathear, and follow up with an urologist in our area in 2 weeks.  When the nurse in PICU tried to cath Jeremy she couldn't get it and we ended up calling urology up anyway plus I didn't feel comfortable leaving it 2 weeks with no guidance.  I requested that the nurse get a consultation to get an urologist up here to install it, answer my concerns and she agreed.  The urologist came in and felt putting in the cathear, going home and following up with the Pediatric Urologist in our area.  I feel that is a feasible plan.  They put him on bactrim for 3 days to help prevent any infection.   This was Dr. Dan's plan for Jeremy to go home.  I am working on getting an appointment with the Pediatric Urologist in Tulsa.  My pediatrician has got home  health coming on Monday so they can also check out the cathear. 

Jeremy worked hard for PT, she got him to stand, provided resistance, got him down on the mat on his hands and knees.  OT is working with him now.  The plan is still to be discharged tomorrow, not sure of the time, specifics, etc.   

No comments: