facebook

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We are on Day # 22

J has had a good day, he is off all BP meds since noon and has maintained a stable blood pressure, he got the NG tube out, is taking all meds and food by mouth.  They removed the Cather but bless his heart they are having to put it back in, he's not peeing, is really constipated so they gave him some meds and an enema that helped him out some.  His little belly is distended pretty good so I know this will help the pressure.  Dr. Wankum, tickled his toes this morning, and he flexed his calf and upper thigh muscles, he also tried to push up on his legs, it was a similar situation with the OT who got him up about 1:30.  It's been a good day.  We will get the MRI done tomorrow. 

So, what is Day 22 like in a hospital, it's been a long time.  I can say, I've saved lots of money being in here, I filled up my car in Lebandon, MO on January 11 and I still have a 1/2 of tank of gas, I think that happened like never.  I did want to get out of the hospital but this town has been somewhat shut down, pretty much what is going on in Okie land.  The word is the roads are getting clear so I figure by tomorrow I can get out of here for a bit. 

I spoke to Dr. Anz our resident earlier and he said if he could dig out of his driveway he would come in but it would be later, same with Dr. Dan and I've not heard from either.  If I would be guess-estimating our plan, is the screw will be removed on Monday and by Wednesday we will probably be released.  We already have our 6 week follow-up but I don't know if Dr. Dan will want to see him sooner or about the rod placement. 

No comments: