facebook

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our days.....

I was talking to mom Friday night and although it sure feels like we have been home for a long time, the fact is it's only been 2 weeks.  Jeremy just completed his first full week of school, had a full schedule and tolerated it like Jeremy does.  We seen our amazing eye Dr on Monday, Dr. Groves and Jeremy's eyes have remained the same, although he has nystagiusm he always has but it shows up when he is physically tired so we seen it back in August and we are seeing it again.  Jeremy had his PT evaluation on Wednesday with Pam and did very well.  I struggle with times that I feel sorry for myself that Jeremy isn't walking or urinating on his own, times I whine about how unfair this is, times I have to make myself live life, times that I am up and everything is fine.  I cry out to GOD through the day and at night to heal Jeremy's spine, make it healthy, breathe life back into his legs and wake up his bladder to start working.  I was hoping for a faster recovery but when I look back and what J was doing the day we came home.  Jeremy like always has made HUGE progress and like always Jeremy is Jeremy and doing it in his time frame.  Jeremy is wanting to sit up more, he tried yesterday to put his knees under him, he is using his left foot to push him as he is laying down so Jeremy gains each day and makes progress.  Jeremy also has this very sweet attitude, he crinkles up his nose, smiles and jabbers.   

J spent some time with his dad yesterday so that gave me some alone time, I got a spa pedicure, bought a couple of new shirts.  This morning we got up and went to church, it was my Sunday in the nursery so I got to play with a 2 year old and Jeremy went to his class with Diana and she said he was good.  We came home cleaned house.  Jeremy is sitting here listening to his internet radio station.  I am going to start back on my treadmill for 30 minutes to get back into a routine.  I was doing good on my diet and exercise before we left and was proud that I maintained my weight loss during our 31 day hospital stay.  It is now time to get back on that diet and exercise, to get back my energy and re-focus so I can work on loosing more weight. 

No comments: