facebook

Saturday, February 12, 2011

J back in recovery mode....

J slept fairly good last night and woke up in a GREAT mood.  He ate 2 bowls of oatmeal and drank a can of pedisure for breakfast.  J's dad came up to spend time with him.  I gave J all his medicine, gave directions and then went to run some catch up errands and boy do I mean run it was literally run from one place to another.  I left at 11am and returned home at 3:30pm.  It was to the bank to deposit some expense checks, get taxes done, take supplies over & coordinate Tulsa Sibshops and then back to town to get groceries.  I am fortunate to have the 2 facilitators that run the Sibshops age group 9-14, I didn't have to stay.  I ordered a pizza picked it up on the way home and when I walked in J woke up.  He ate 2 1/2 pieces.  He laid on the couch with his blanket, listening to his 80's music and I sit on the floor beside him and was able to get my checkbook balanced.  I am super-de-duper excited because me being an Obsessive compulsive disorder type of person, I love making list, it bothers me if my checkbook is not balanced and I LOVE when my list are completed.

J is pretty much in recovery mode so I am letting him lay on the couch and catch up.  I know his last surgery he pretty well slept for days.  I did get him up this evening, put on his back brace, got him in his stroller and took him to his room to do some of his therapy.  He got his evening medicine and is now back on the couch asleep.  Tomorrow, my sister planned my dad's 70th birthday party at 1pm, so we are going to sleep in and then go out there for the celebration for a bit.  I am excited to get up and go to work Monday, start re-adjusting back to life.  I will see how J is doing but think we will try 1/2 day on Monday and Tuesday, see how he does and then Wed try a full day.

Prayer Request:  J's bladder to rest during the time he has the catahear and then be able to wake up and work.  Pray for J as he recovers so that he will start to build his muscles and get his lower extermity motivation back.  Pray for Dr. Dan, as he will have to look at what to do in the future and when. 

No comments: